phade Eco-Friendly Sustainable Marine Biodegradable Compostable 7.75″ Jumbo Straws, Individually Wrapped, 10 Pack – 3,750 Count
|Size||10 Pack – 3,750 Count|
|Unit Count||3750.0 Count|
|Number of Items||10|
- Individually wrapped jumbo size for drinks, smoothies, and shakes – At 7.75 inches long and with a 0.219-inch outer diameter, the jumbo phade straw is perfect for all your favorite beverages. Available in single packs of 100 or 375 straws, and bulk cases of 1,200 or 3,750 straws. The jumbo straw is perfect for drinks, smoothies and shakes.
- Eco-friendly and affordable – phade straws are made from marine biodegradable and home/industrial compostable PHA, making them the smart choice for both the environment and your budget.
- Made in the USA – with sustainable biopolymer phade straws are the first of their kind in the US, offering superior environmental benefits and the performance of a traditional plastic straw. Ideal for businesses and events – phade straws are an excellent choice for businesses and events that want to showcase their commitment to sustainability and eco-friendliness.
- Safe and non-toxic – phade straws are free from harmful chemicals and toxins, making them safe for both you and the environment. Durable and long-lasting – phade straws are more durable than paper straws and perform just like plastic straws, making them perfect for hot and cold beverages.
- Orders placed in California, Washington and Maryland will receive phade products packaged as home and industrial compostable in compliance with applicable laws in those states; information provided about this item does not constitute an offer to sell product labeled or packaged as marine biodegradable in California, Washington or Maryland.
From the brand
phade straws can literally disappear in a matter of months. How do we do it? The key to phade is PHA (short for polyhydroxyalkanoate), a substrate derived from the fermentation of canola oil that maintains the feel and user experience of traditional plastic, but that’s where the similarities end.
How can we use laboratory tests to predict what will happen in the ocean?
Scientists have begun working on this issue. They have made it easier to evaluate how to use biodegradation rates determined in laboratory conditions to what that actually means for diverse, real-world marine conditions.
Isn’t phade still harmful to marine life until it biodegrades?
A phade straw should NEVER be disposed of in a marine environment, but in the unfortunate circumstance where a phade straw might end up in an ocean, it will be consumed by the bacteria in the ocean.
PHA products vs. “natural” alternatives in the marine environment
PHA-based products show greater potential for environmental sustainability than other biopolymers and can be more effective in some environments than non-plastic options promoted as “natural” products.
What about microplastics?
Microplastics in our oceans and food chain are a cause for concern. However, marine PHA-based products, like our Phade straw, do not contribute to microplastic pollution.
What is the proper way to dispose phade straws?
The proper way to dispose of a phade straw is through composting. A phade straw will completely biodegrade in both home and industrial environments, making it a sustainable choice.
PHA is a plant-based alternative to petroleum-based plastics that can take 200+ years to biodegrade. Unlike traditional plastics, phade products are designed to return to nature, effectively combating the global plastics crisis with an honest end-of-life solution.
|Dimensions||18.44 × 15.56 × 11.88 in|
18.44 x 15.56 x 11.88 inches
|Item model number||
|Date First Available||
March 15, 2021
8 reviews for phade Eco-Friendly Sustainable Marine Biodegradable Compostable 7.75″ Jumbo Straws, Individually Wrapped, 10 Pack – 3,750 Count
FEBU Eco-Friendly Organic Bamboo Fabric Bandages for Sensitive Skin | 75 Count Variety Pack | Latex Free, Hypoallergenic$8.46
Wooly Heroes Dryer Balls – 100% Organic Wool – Sustainable & Eco-Friendly – Dry 1,000 Loads$28.47
Eco Products GreenStripe Cold Drink Cups, 9oz, Clear, 50/Pack EP-CC9S-GSPK by “Eco-Products, Inc”$22.46
DAKHI Biodegradable Bamboo Toothbrushes (12 Pack) | Eco Friendly & Compostable | Natural Bamboo Toothbrush | BPA Free Soft$8.99
Great but little narrow.Love the straws. So happy for the quality and the fact that it’s a compostable straw.However, Price is a bit high for my budget.
Definitely not jumboThese are great for straight liquid but the Jumbo label is misleading, they are not good for smoothies and certainly not shakes.
Adam Machanic –
All straws suck. These, in more ways than one.Plastic straws were so nice, back when we could use them without guilt. And then we got paper straws, and ugh, what’s the point? And then metal straws, and oops, there’s a chipped tooth.And now these, filled with promise. I was excited! A return to the innocence of yore? Alas, these came close, but didn’t quite get me there.First impression out of the box: They’re plastic-y, but they don’t quite have the same texture. Instead of the smooth suppleness of the real deal, there’s a bit of a rough feel. And the material is maybe a bit rigid.Once I started drinking, I noticed that the roughness disappeared a bit, yielding a weird and not altogether pleasant slippery texture. The straw, apparently, starts dissolving as you use it. (Not very quickly, but enough that you’ll notice.) My story would have ended there, with slight dissatisfaction, were it not for my children, who for some reason like to bend their straws as they drink. Turns out that even the slightest bend in these straws will create a hole, guaranteed, thereby destroying the drinking experience.After a couple of attempts my family kind of gave up. Aside from the danger of losing a tooth (or perhaps an eye or two), and somehow despite their absolute inability to bend, metal straws are still somehow more fun than these fake plastic things. The search will continue for the ultimate solution here. At least these are still far better than paper.
Kayla Wolf –
Perfect replacement, but why the wrapper?The only complain I have is the individual paper wrappers. Otherwise, those straws feel like plastic! They’re amazing!
Great stawsThese are my new go to straws for my shop. They are a bit priceybut I was using paper straws and people would grab 2 or 3 straws because the paper ones would break. So I’m probably breaking even. I hope these straws really do biodegrade in the ocean!
Cathie Lever –
Good productGood product
I Try in NJ –
Too Narrow for Thick DrinksFlavorless. Only downside, very narrow. Fine for water and soda, but not usable for milkshakes — the one beverage where a straw is needed. If you’ve forgotten to bring a metal straw then you’re still stuck using an un-earth-friendly plastic straw.
Laura McMillan –
Enviro-friendly compostable strawsI first used these at one of my favorite restaurants- Taquiera del Sol. They are the first non-plastic straw that works great… it holds up for your entire srink without getting the least bit mushy! I am not a fan of paper straws, but have used them to try not to add more plastic to the landfills. These will be my go to straws going forward!