Gear Hugger Multipurpose Lubricant – Eco-Friendly (11 oz, Pack of 1), Rust remover & Degreaser – Garage Door Lubricant Spray,
|Material||USDA Certified 96% Biobased|
|Liquid Volume||11 Fluid Ounces|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Door|
|Item Form||Oil, Spray|
- MULTI-PURPOSE SPRAY LUBRICANT THAT PROVIDES LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – Swap out your petroleum-based products, silicon lube and silicone spray lubricants for our all-in-one spray that works as a lubricant, penetrating oil, degreaser, corrosion inhibitor, moisture barrier, and antirust spray. Our plant-powered lubricant can be used on a variety of materials, including aluminum, steel, countertops, wood surfaces and more. Its powerful, fast drying formula makes it the perfect household lubricant.
- 2X MORE LUBRICATING POWER – Compared to graphite lubricants and grease tubes, Gear Hugger offers 2x more lubricating power. It is backed by decades of industry knowledge, research and testing to ensure effectiveness. The superior power of plants offers higher penetration and heavy duty antioxidant properties. No more squeaky doors. We are confident that you will enjoy and see the difference that Gear Hugger provides compared to silicone lubricant, graphite lubricant, and other common lubricants.
- 1001 USES & COUNTING – Gear Hugger is perfect for a garage door lubricant, including: lubricating garage door hinges, tracks, rollers, chains, and more. A perfect door & lock lubricant. It quiets squeaky doors, drawers, and rusty hinges. It helps lubricate plumbing joints, bike chains, camping gear, lawnmowers, and other mechanics. Whether you are looking for a door hinge or bike grease, a brake grease, a treadmill lubricant for belt, or a rust remover for metal, Gear Hugger is your best option!
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY LUBRICANT THAT PROTECTS AND RESTORES WITHOUT HARMING OUR PLANET – Make an eco-friendly choice using Gear Hugger to restore, lubricate and protect your gear so it functions optimally, lasts longer and stays out of the landfill. Gear Hugger was created with nature and sustainability in mind. Replace harsh odors, harmful petroleum and PTFE chemicals with our plant-based, non-toxic formula that’s USDA Certified 96% bio-based.
- SAFE AROUND KIDS & PETS, NON-TOXIC, AND EASY TO USE – Contrary to petroleum-based lubricants, Gear Hugger offers a safer alternative that can be used around kids & pets. Gear Hugger is a non-toxic, odorless and biodegradable solution that is easy to use. Forget about the spills left by silicon greases. Gear Hugger is designed with a two way straws nozzle to provide more control. The targeted stream allows an easy and precise application. The wide stream ensures uniform and consistent coverage.
The Planet Rules!
Describe your products in 3 words.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
As a true outdoorsman and nature enthusiast, Checo Diaz has always loved adventuring outside. From hiking to running marathons, swimming to mountain biking, and even kite surfing – his passion for being active outside runs deep. And because of it, he’s got a TON of gear that often needs some serious TLC!
Like most people, Checo was relying on old-fashioned, toxic lubricants for his tune-ups and to keep his gear in prime condition. He realized there was a disconnect between his love for nature and how he and many other outdoor lovers were inadvertently introducing petroleum and toxic chemicals into the ecosystem through their gear.
What makes your product special?
Checo realized he could create a solution and set out to introduce a better, cleaner plant-powered way to keep his gear going longer while taking petroleum and harmful chemicals out of the equation. His family had been in the industrial lubricant business for 70 years, and he decided to make it his mission to expand his family’s legacy and create a more sustainable future.
Checo spent years working with his R&D team to develop a first-of-its-kind, groundbreaking plant-based lubricant that delivers 2x the lubricating power vs. petroleum-based products, while protecting against rust and corrosion without leaving behind toxic residue. He also teamed up with co-founder and co-president of Purely Righteous Brands (providing advisory for the greater good), Andrew Aussie to launch Gear Hugger – a plant-powered petroleum-, fossil fuel-, and PTFE-free multipurpose lubricant that is non-toxic and safe to use around kids and pets, while helping to protect your gear and our planet.
What has been the best part of your experience?
The best thing about this experience for Checo has been meeting amazing people who truly care about the planet and are determined to make a change in the world.
|Dimensions||2.5 × 8 in|
2.5 x 2.5 x 8 inches; 13.62 Ounces
|Date First Available||
November 20, 2021
|Country of Origin||
8 reviews for Gear Hugger Multipurpose Lubricant – Eco-Friendly (11 oz, Pack of 1), Rust remover & Degreaser – Garage Door Lubricant Spray,
K&N 20x20x1 HVAC Furnace Air Filter, Lasts a Lifetime, Washable, Merv 11, the Last HVAC Filter You Will Ever Buy, Breathe Safely$37.99
Mineral Filtered Shower Head – 3 Spray Modes – Ionic Beaded Shower Head Filter With Hose – Eco Friendly Handheld Mineral Stream$34.97
EcoSmart ECO 27 Tankless Water Heater, Electric, 27-kW – Quantity 1, 17 x 17 x 3.5$433.26
24-Pack A19 LED Light Bulb, 60 Watt Equivalent, Daylight 5000K, E26 Medium Base, Non-Dimmable LED Light Bulb, UL Listed$26.99
L C –
Smooth and safeThis spray eat intended for indoor use so I wanted it to be safe around my children.There’s this large sliding door that is extremely difficult to open and close, even for me as an adult. Nearly impossible for my older kid. One spray of this and the door hovers … awesome.
Works exactly as advertised.1) The best thing I like about it is that is has no smell besides perhaps the smell of olive/corn oil (no strong petro smell).2) I use it on my bicycle chain and must say it gets black quickly and builds up ”gunk”…but no squeaking, and in spite of the black gunk build up, the chain runs without a sound and I ride about 100 miles a month and no problem at all except indeed it gets very black and if touched your hand will get some black oil on it.3) I sprayed several truck doors that were squeaking and it worked perfectly. In short, it works excellently, no smell, and if used on bike chain, just know it will get black, but in spite of that will work perfectly.4) The flip up spray stream spray 6” straw in very professional and useful!!5) As the top critical comment has written, I too noticed after using and then picking up the can a few days later, I was surprised to find a ring of oil at the bottom on the table! There is a flaw in design somehow because after every use, indeed oil will seep put somehow and accumulate to form a ring of oil at the base after every use!…..Well of course knowing this now, I just set it on a paper towel and do in fact see the ring of oil there from the previous usage…no harm no foul…well I think the instructions should just say that as to not disappoint from an otherwise excellent product!
Jessica G. –
The house squeakening has been quelled and the cats are aliveWe got a bifold door for the pantry nook to keep foster kittens out, and while it worked beautifully it made a horrible screeching sound and we were out of WD-40. This came up on Amazon and some of the very foster kittens we were trying to keep safe – Get. Into. Everything, so the “pet safe” label was attractive. My husband used it on the door and it worked great.Our Shark automatic vaccuum robot had gotten some dust in his wheels or something and I couldn’t get it out and he was making a horrid sound, so I flipped him over and spritzed the wheel wells. There was some excess I needed to wipe off and in the second it took me to grab a paper towel mere feet away, little Gremlin was greedily licking it off the robot. So apparently, it’s also delicious. (He is the worst foster we’ve ever rescued when it comes to getting into food and non-food items.) I assume most normal animals wouldn’t be so eager to eat it, but I was glad we got something pet safe because I have no doubt he would have gone for a toxic product as well. (He’s tried to eat disinfectant wipes.) We’ve lubricated every squeaking door hinge in our ancient house, and I know if we used WD-40 in that many places, the house would smell like an auto shop.
Amazon Customer –
Too expensive for a WD knock offNot near what I thought it would be
Mike Combs –
Leaked everywhere when sprayedI need a spray lubricant to use in an occupied office space that wouldn’t get their sensitive noses upset but I ended up wearing more than I sprayed. The tops all around the button just leaked everywhere while attempting to use. I grabbed another can I’d purchased with the same results.
Runs out fastNot much in the can
Cristina or Larry –
So far so greatSo far so great just a little dab will do it
Long lastingBought this for my drawers. I used probably a month or two ago and I haven’t had to reuse since. They are still working perfectly